What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. Other information may include:
- purchase, return, wish list and transaction information;
- customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments and history);
- device information;
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, occupation, income and marital status), and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- social media information;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
In addition, when you interact with our Website, our emails, or other related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner may include your IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, domain and other system settings, search queries, device characteristics, operating system type, language preferences, referring URLs, actions taken on our site, dates and times of website visits, metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain data, such as a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. While you can change your cookies settings in your browser, please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
We may also collect information about the location of the mobile device or tablet used to access the Website ("Location Data"). Location Data includes: (a) the location of the mobile device or tablet derived from GPS or WiFi use; (b) the IP address of the mobile device or tablet or internet service used to access the Website. When you connect with social media though the Website, you may link with social media platforms and social media plug-ins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, "Share to Twitter" button) (collectively, "Social Media"). When accessing services through a Facebook or other social media account, we may (depending on the applicable user privacy settings) automatically have access to information provided to or through the social media platform. We may collect and use this information for the purposes described in this Policy or at the time the information was collected.
Information collected directly by the third party providers of the features is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. We are not responsible for these providers' information and privacy practices.
We may use local shared objects to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with our Websites and Apps.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you interact with or register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site, when visiting our retail location or interact with our e-mail.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
- To prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To improve or develop new services and product offerings.
- To identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information;
- To conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand customer needs.
- To enroll you in loyalty or other programs, and enter you into sweepstakes and promotions or contact you regarding a contest prize;
- To keep a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representatives over the telephone or online;
- To notify you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer;
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
In addition, we may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as customizing our users' visits to our Website, delivering content tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users browse our Website, and managing our Website and other aspects of our business.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website uses the latest technology and protection methods, which scan the site on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We do NOT save or store financial information, such as bank account or credit card numbers.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It won't affect your user experience but some of our services will not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google Adwords and AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- Facebook Pixel Reporting
- Twitter Pixel Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle 'do not track' signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to send you occasional promotional information such as sales or events.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
4518 PLAINFIELD AVE. NE
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49525